Sunday, January 6, 2013

A week in ReView


I have zero to lament about this week.  It was quiet, fun, reflective and productive.  Exactly what the doctor ordered.  Here is my form of accountability…. An update on my goals so far this month. 

My own personal Paleo challenge has been going well.  I am still eating dairy, and I had a hardcider this week at happy hour with friends (without a shred of guilt), butother than that it has been going great. I feel awesome.  It’s refreshingto tell yourself no sometimes, especially after a season of indulgence.  I’ve gone Paleo before, and loved it.  It doesn’t feel super restrictive, and rightaway your body just feels healthier.  Itgets me back in the habit of filling up on the food my body needs. 

My new favorite breakfast is from Tina on the Carrots N’Cake blog.  It is one egg, one or two eggwhites, a banana, cinnamon, and vanilla whipped up in a batch of scrambledeggs. It is so delicious that I have gotten out of bed early enough to make itbefore going to work- so that should tell you something. 
My workouts this week have been pretty pathetic, buts it’sbeen enough to make me sore and there were more than three of them, so I amcounting it as a success.  I got in sixmile walks with dear friends both yesterday and today that were pretty muchperfect in every way. I think I could walk to the moon and back if I did itwith a good friend. 
As far as blogging goes, I haven’t really figured out howoften or what this is really going to look like for me.  I have been brainstorming a bit to figure outsome regular topics and give this some direction, but I don’t have anythingconcrete just yet.  I know I have enjoyedthe writing, and the sharing, so, so far so good is all I can say.

Project Life has yet to begun.  I am holding out for the Seafoam Kit, which issupposed to become available for purchase on Amazon next week.  I have noted some things to journal aboutfrom this week. I also started the somewhat awkward process of photographingthings on a regular basis.  That is goingto take some getting used to. I have no photography skills. None.   And I’m not what I would call organicallycreative.  I need something to copy fromto get an idea of what I want to do.  So,I need to look up some inspiration, and usher in the process of trial anderror.  Once I have the binder and thesupplies in front of me, I think I might feel better about what I’m doing.  In the mean time, I will just take picturesof the dogs.  And my morning coffee.  Every day. Multiple times a day.
Here are some examples. J

My favorite part of every morning.

My favorite part of most evenings.



The never ending blanket.

Happiest place on earth.  The dog park.



Goodbye Christmas. I can't wait to unpack you next year with Rob.


No comments:

Post a Comment